Figure Skating Training Sessions
Figure Skating Freestyle Sessions
South Floridas most
economical freestyle sessions are designed for the serious
competitor who skates multiple freestyle sessions each day.
Freestyle is for advanced figure skating practice. Beginners are
welcome when under the supervision of a coach. The schedule excludes holiday
and special events and is subject to change without notic
for 2017 is $13 per hour.
RinkMusic Keytag System
KIA is the first rink on the East Coast to utilize this new
technology. The RinkMusic system uploads the skaters programs and stores
them digitally on our computer system. Skaters use a keytag to access their
programs from a rinkside monitor. Swiping their personal keytag card allows
the skater to select the desired program from a menu. The system then puts
the skater in a cue and announces the skater before they take their start
position. The queing system lines up the skaters fairly and also allows for
skaters "in a lesson", etc.
Keytags are on sale now in the KIA Skating Academy Office!
Freestyle Rules and Prices
Dear Skaters and Parents,
In order for us to develop a good training atmosphere we would like
to remind you of the following simple rules of Freestyle Figure Skating
1. Everyone MUST Pay for the session before taking the ice. This includes
any additional time you use after the 1 hour of skating
2. A minimum of $13.00 per hour MUST be purchased each day
unless you are attending the last 1/2 hour of the session.
3. Skaters with Punch cards will be logged in on the first session
that follows the time the card is punched.
4. Skaters that do not pay for the ice time used will be charged for 2
hours of skating for that day.
5. Beginners (Snowplow Sam to Basic 6 levels and Adults) may purchase 1/2 hour Freestyle when taking
a lesson with a coach and may
NOT stay after the lesson. Begginner
skaters may not warm-up before the lesson or stay on after the lesson.
Skaters will be escorted off the ice at conclusion of the lesson.
6. Freestyle on Public Session is NOT allowed when Freestyle sessions are
7. Freestyle Sessions on the Blue Rink are primarily designated for high
level skaters from 10am until 4pm during weekdays. When both arenas are open
for freestyle training lower level skaters should choose the Red Rink
8. Please see the additional safety and etiquette rules posted in both arenas.